A lot of antidepressants are available to stabilize the mood or to treat the disorder. These medicines work to restore the level of serotonin in the body. But being on the natural track is the need of the hour. So here are some ways for anxiety and depression treatment without medication. By adopting these natural hacks, treatment of depression can be done without any medicine. It includes a healthy diet and modification of lifestyle.
Anxiety and Depression Treatment Without Medication
Depression is just like a negative force pushing you aside so challenge these vibes inside you and tell the negative committee that meets inside your head to sit down and shut up. Trust me you can do it with your ‘willpower’.
Okay I know it is difficult sometimes but try to be happy, laugh, do laughter therapy as it will boost up serotonin in your body.
Always remember you need you. Just love yourself without any condition without any boundary. This thing will help you a lot in anxiety and depression treatment without medication.
Serotonin helps in the regulation of many physiological processes including sleep, appetite, and mood. Thus, the serotonergic system is an important factor in the treatment of psychiatric disorders, such as major depression and anxiety.
A healthy natural diet can help a lot. The foods in which serotonin is naturally present can make a difference. Banana contains a large amount of serotonin. Other foods are eggs, dairy, salmon, nuts, green leafy vegetables. Vitamin B6 containing foods.
Avoid coffee and tea because the caffeine in coffee reduces natural serotonin production.
Morning walk is the best thing you can do to relieve stress.
Quit smoking and alcohol.
Spend time with your family and friends and talk to them if there is any problem. You may feel light and better.
Take deep breaths in the fresh air. Also try to spend time in the lawn, garden so that you inhale fresh air.
Meditation and yoga are also great sources of treatment for depression. Yoga and Meditation release your stress in a real sense and give you a fresher inside.
There will be a struggle at times and hurdles along the way, life throws up all sorts but in the end, you will prevail if you do not quit.
Don’t be a victim of depression. Be a fighter, be a warrior.
You must have to overcome your condition with your “willpower”. don’t let this overpower you. You have to get over it otherwise it will make you hollow from inside.
Books that can help in Anxiety and Depression treatment without Medication
Books are a great escape from the stress of the world and books can even help to speed up the positive effects of talk therapy. Here are some books that, I recommend, will help you deal with your state for sure.
- The Road Less Travelled (by M Scott Peck)
- If you can’t afford a psychoanalyst this book is the next best thing. Be honest with yourself, be disciplined, learn to love spiritually, and focus on your Spiritual growth. These are the central themes of this book. The only criticism, I have is the author’s analogy of how to CONTROL your emotions ?! He could have found a better example.
- Control Your Depression (by Peter Lewisohn)
- Very good book, an eye-opener. This book made me realize the real essence of life and it would be excellent in helping out ways of improving your journey in life. The good reason this book has sold so many copies.
- The Antidote: Happiness for people who can’t stand positive thinking (by Oliver Burkeman)
- Just what name says! But, the antidote, but where? This really changes your view of life. Lots of gems. It’s one of the best self-help books you would’ve ever read. You need to read this and hopefully, get the same feelings.
To have these lovely books click on the names of the books mentioned above.